Need to squeeze another class into your schedule? Want to finish a requirement quickly? Home from a four-year college for the holiday season? North Lake College’s Winter Term offers a slate of fast-paced classes you can complete in just a few weeks.
What is Winter Term?
Winter Term starts in mid-December, after fall final exams, and continues over the winter break. Most courses are online, and all are completed in just a few weeks. After this short course, you have earned three or more credit hours.
Winter Term courses cover all the same material from semester-long classes, and core class credits transfer to four-year universities just as easily as credits from spring or fall semester.
Catch up or get ahead
- You want to take a class in spring, but haven’t finished the prerequisites.
- You need to meet graduation requirements.
- You’re a student at a four-year university and want to save money by finishing a requirement while you’re home for the break.
- You need to retake a course.
- There isn’t enough time in the regular semester to take everything you want to study.
- You’d like to earn credit hours in just a few weeks.
Winter Term classes are not for everyone, however. The shorter schedules mean a faster pace. In addition, while most courses are online, some require in-person attendance on campus for lectures or science labs.
Course offerings and more information
This year’s winter classes are scheduled from December 14, 2018 through January 11, 2019. Specific dates vary by class. Many introductory courses are available, including introductory biology, Spanish, and English composition, plus classes like world religions and art appreciation.