Orientation for credit students is designed to introduce you to North Lake College. During your orientation session, you will learn about the registration process and the many ways we can help you succeed on and off campus.
All new first-time-in-college students are required to attend Trail Blazer Orientation.
- eConnect and using this system to access your academic information and register for classes
- campus resources available to help students
- academic information, such as Core and degree requirements, certificate, technical, and workforce programs
- tuition payment and financial aid
- key characteristics of a successful college student
Summer 2017 Orientation Dates
Unless otherwise noted, orientation sessions take place in the Performance Hall on Central Campus.
- Wednesday, August 2, 5:30-10:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 4, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 5, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 5:30-10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 12, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 14, 5:30-10:00 p.m.
In the event of inclement weather, check this website for rescheduling information.
Required New Student Success Courses
Help for new students doesn’t stop at orientation. The required classes Learning Frameworks (EDUC 1300) and Educational Alternatives (HDEV 0092) are designed to help you develop skills to improve your success in college, life and work. Topics include adapting to college, thriving in the classroom, setting and achieving goals, and career planning.