A slightly different version of this post by Maegan Bair originally appeared on the DCCCD blog.

If you’re a student at North Lake College, you may find yourself needing a copy of your transcript at some point during your college journey. You’ll need a transcript of your grades especially if you’re planning to transfer to or from another institution. Good news — we’ve made it easier for you to get a transcript even faster.

Three Ways To Request Your Transcript

There are three ways to get a copy of your transcript:

  1. Electronic PDF Transcripts With GreenLight
  2. Paper Transcripts With Credentials Solutions
  3. Electronic SPEEDE Transcripts

Here’s how they work.

Requesting Your Transcript

Requesting a transcript through GreenLight:

We’ve partnered with GreenLight to make getting a transcript easier for you! Whether you need to send an official transcript electronically or print an unofficial copy, you’ll be able to request and access your official transcript while sitting in the comfort of your own home. If you have already set up your GreenLight profile, log in to your account at GreenLightLocker.com and submit a request for your PDF transcript. If you’re new to GreenLight, you will need to set up a profile.

Before you make a request, you need to set up a GreenLight profile:

  1. Log in to the “Credit Student Menu” of eConnect.
  2.  Select “Get My GreenLight Enrollment Code” under the “My Personal Information” heading.
  3.  Select “Copy to Clipboard.”
  4. Access the link to GreenLight at the bottom of the page, which will take you directly to the Registration page.
  5. Paste your Enrollment Code, type your date of birth and last name, then press “Validate.”
  6. Follow the remaining prompts to finish setting up your profile.

Heads up — electronic transcripts can only be requested directly through GreenLight.

Paper Transcripts

Need a transcript mailed to a college or university? Do you need a printed transcript to take to a job interview? No problem! Thanks to Credentials Solutions we can mail your transcript anywhere for $5 per transcript.

Pro Tip: If you are requesting that your transcript be sent to another institution, be sure to have the address information with you.

You can request a paper transcript in three ways:

  1. Online directly through Credentials Solutions. You don’t need to login but you will need your Social Security or student ID number to request transcripts through Credentials Soultions.
  2. Online by logging into eConnect under “Credit Student Menu.” On the “Request My Transcript” page, select “P – Paper” as the delivery method, this will provide you a link to the Credentials Solutions webpage.
  3. On campus by dropping by the Admissions/Registrar’s Office at your college to request your transcript at the computer kiosk. Don’t forget to bring your photo ID with you. Be aware that the kiosks will not allow you to pickup requests within 30 minutes of the Admissions/Registrar’s Office closing. Processing time may vary but you should be able to pickup your transcript within 10-20 minutes of submitting your request.

SPEEDE Transcripts

Your final option for requesting a transcript is through SPEEDE transcripts. You can send electronic transcripts to over 100 institutions for free through SPEEDE.

There are three ways you can request your transcript through SPEEDE.

  1. Log in to eConnect and click on the “Credit Student Menu.” Once you get to the “Request My Transcript” page, select “E – Electronic Institution to Institution” as the delivery method.
  2. Request your SPEEDE transcript in person by filling out a Transcript Request Form and mail or fax the completed form to your college’s Admissions/Registrar’s Office.
  3. If you are no longer a student request your SPEEDE transcript in person by filling out a Transcript Request Form and mail, email or fax the completed form to the DCCCD college Admissions/Registrar’s Office that you last attended. Bring your photo ID with you, and your signature will be required.

Heads up — Your transcript will not be processed for a college/university that is not on the list of participating institutions. Double check and make sure your institution is on the list before submitting your request.

More Information

  • If you have questions or need more information, feel free to stop by the Admissions/Registrar’s Office at any college of DCCCD.
  • We cannot take transcript requests over the phone but have plenty of other options for you to request your transcript.
  • It’s the law: You must select a program of study. You must choose a program by the time you complete 45 credit hours, or you will not be eligible for an official transcript.