President Dr. Christa Slejko is looking for the next design of the official North Lake College holiday card. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Previous holiday card artwork is displayed on this page. Submissions can include photography, painting, illustration, or any other form of visual art.
- Artwork may not depict or refer to specific religious holidays.
- Appropriate subjects might include winter scenes, general illustrations, or campus photography.
- The contest is for cover art only.
- Text should NOT be used in your concept or cover design.
- Copyrighted images, copyright-protected brands or characters, and logos should NOT be used in your concept or cover designed. (Not even the NLC logo.)
- Artists may submit up to three pieces, but only the best of the three will be considered. A separate submission form must be completed for each entry.
Who May Enter
Any currently enrolled North Lake student – credit or continuing education.
How to Enter
Entries will be accepted through October 11, 2019.
Artwork must be submitted electronically.
Finished card size is to be 7″ wide x 5″ tall, landscape orientation or 5″ wide x 7″ tall, portrait orientation.
Submitted artwork must be created within these dimensions: 7.25″ x 5.25″ @ 300ppi (final trim size 7″ x 5″) or 5.25″ x 7.25″ @ 300ppi (final trim size 5″ x 7″). Keep critical art elements a minimum of .25″ from trim line.
Accepted formats: PDF, EPS, AI, TIF, JPEG (100%, 300dpi resolution requirement). If sending AI or EPS files, please convert all text to outlines.
Please submit artwork here.
Digital artwork that does not meet the resolution and quality requirements will not be considered.
North Lake College will retain all reproduction rights to submitted artwork with credit given to the artist. North Lake agrees not to sell any of the artwork or any reproduction. Artists warrant that they are the sole proprietor of the artwork and agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the artwork to North Lake College. Entries must be original concept and constitute an original work and must not infringe on the protected rights of other artists or violate any applicable copyright laws.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the president. Art will be judged on creativity and artistic merit. The winner will be notified by e-mail or phone.
The deadline for the 2019 contest is October 11, 2019.
1st place – up to $750 for tuition and books for a North Lake College class
2nd place – $100 Visa gift card
3rd place – $50 Visa gift card
Thank you to our generous sponsors, DCCCD Financial Aid and Follett Bookstore.