The Blazer Market, NLC’s food pantry, is seeking donations of food items to distribute to members of the NLC community.
There are two ways to donate.
If you wish to donate food and other goods, we will have boxes all over Central Campus and are accepting the following items through December 5. Items with stars are favorite items which are especially popular among students.
- Cereal (cold)*
- Oatmeal (canisters and microwaveable cups preferred)*
- Canned vegetables and beans (options other than green beans and peas are great!)
- Canned Fruit (or fruit cups)
- Canned meats (chicken, tuna, spam/ham)*
- Canned pasta (Spaghetti O’s, Beefaroni, etc.)
- Skillet Meals (hamburger, chicken, tuna helpers, etc.)*
- Soup (microwavable cups or cans)*
- Chili (microwavable cups or cans) *
- Rice Sides (microwavable pouches)
- Pasta Roni or Pasta sides (pouches or boxes)
- Hormel Compleat Meals*
- Stove top stuffing
- Cornbread mix
- Bottles of juice, family size*
- Instant Potato Flakes*
- Condiments – Ketchup/mustard/mayo/salad dressing*
- Seasonings (salt/pepper/spice blends, garlic powder, etc)
- International or culture-specific items
We kindly request that donations are in original packaging or labeled for individual consumption (examples: a variety box of oatmeal packets – not individual packets; a six-pack of fruit cups with label).
We strive to provide healthier options, so please no chips, cookies, sodas, etc.
If you wish to donate financially, contribute by clicking here. Under Designation, select “Other” from the dropdown menu and then type “North Lake Food Pantry.”