Spend the extra few miles of your daily commute to and from Coppell stress-free. Take advantage of heavily discounted rides between your train or bus stop and your workplace through the Lyft app.
The City of Coppell, in partnership with the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) and Lyft, will offer heavily discounted rides between your train or bus stop and your workplace through the Lyft app. The program is available from October 1, 2019, to September 30, 2020.
1) Rider pays first $2 of trip
2) City of Coppell pays next $15 through employer-provided promo code (WORKCOPPELLWEST)
3) Any remaining cost of trip will be the responsibility of the rider
4) Any extra charge for damages to the vehicle by the rider will be charged to the rider
Let’s talk details.
• Riders can only request an Economy Standard vehicle.
• There is a maximum of four passengers per vehicle, but sharing rides is encouraged.
• The unique promo code (WORKCOPPELLWEST) will not work if the Lyft ride does not fall within the eligible boundaries or if it is requested at a time or day that the service is not available. If, for some reason, the unique promo code doesn’t work for eligible trips, take the trip anyway. You will get reimbursed for any funds you were not supposed to pay.
PICK-UP POINTS: Rides must start or end at businesses within Coppell or one of the approved DART stops – otherwise the unique promo code will not work. Eligible DART stops: Belt Line, Trinity Mills, and Hebron train stations, Regent & Royal bus stop, Saintsbury & Belt Line bus stop.
Ready to get started?
To use the program, you will need:
- A smart phone
- Your phone number @ Your email address
- A photo of yourself
- Credit or debit card
- The unique promo code supplied by your employer (WORKCOPPELLWEST)
STEP 1: Download and install the Lyft app
1 | Using your smart phone, go to the iOS App Store for iPhone and Google Play Store for Androids.
2 | Search for ‘Lyft’ and install the free Lyft app.
STEP 2: Sign up for a Lyft account
1 | Type in your device’s phone number.
2 | To verify your identity, Lyft will send a verification code via text to your phone number.
3 | The text message should arrive immediately. If you don’t see
it after a bit, tap ‘Resend code.’
4 | Type in your name, email address and take a selfie so your driver knows who to pick up.
STEP 3: Add a promo code
1 | In the Lyft app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
2 | Tap ‘Promos’ in the menu that appears.
3 | Tap ‘Enter promo code’ to add the code provided by your employer.
4 | Tap ‘Apply’ to finish.
5 | After you follow these steps, you’ll see if the code is valid for your account. You’ll also see the promotion amount, expiration date and other terms.
STEP 4: Request a Lyft ride
1 | In the Lyft app, tap ‘Search destination’ and enter your workplace or workplace address.
2 | Select ‘Economy Standard’.
3 | Tap ‘Select’ to request a ride. That’s it!
The pickup location will automatically set to your current GPS location.
To change the pickup location:
4 | Tap ‘Current location’ at the top of the screen.
5 | Enter an address or drag the location pin to the right spot.
6 | Tap ‘Set pickup.’
Visit coppelltx.gov/workhard or contact City of Coppell Director of Community Development Mindi Hurley at MHurley@coppelltx.gov for more details.